Thursday 28 August 2008

Swimming

I took Teehah and Farah swimming tonite. Farah, as usual, was overly excited and couldn't wait to swim. This was Teehah's first try. At first, she was scared and clung to me for dear life. Gradually, she began to loosen her grip and instinctively began flipping her tiny little feet. She was kicking about as if she knew what to do. Some friends called it survival instinct. Whatever it was, she seemed to be enjoying herself, but she looked and felt cold. She was trembling and her pretty pink lips were turning blue. I became anxious. I asked the lifeguard whether the water temperature could be raised because I felt it was quite chilly. She couldn't do anything about the temperature. It was beyond her control. With that, I took teehah out of the pool and we changed into dry clothes. I wrapped her warm and gave her a long cuddle. Then, we waited for Farah on the bench.

Farah was splashing happily in the pool. Occasionally she approached me and confidently showed off her swimming skills or rather her thrashing ability. "Ummi look! look! I can swim!" she was beaming! Good girl..She was thoroughly having a lovely time.

Ailong called and we had to leave. This was the last session before Ramadhan.

Iman and Ihsan had to stay home because the swimming session on every Thursday night is exclusively for Muslim ladies. So, every Thursday, without fail Ihsan would whine, complain and sulk because he could not join me and Farah. Farah added salt to the wound when she deliberately and annoyingly sang "I am going swimming! I am going swimming!" to Ihsan's face. Kids!

2 comments:

Sofinee Harun said...

Boleh nak join lepas raya tak, kak wan?

Unknown said...

boleh jer, jom